Friday, July 30, 2010

Love is...

stinkin' cute cake toppers!!!  :)

If you haven't discovered Etsy.com yet you're missing out!  They've got so much cute hand crafted goodies and vintage treasures you can search for days on end and never see everything. 

Having done many searches I fell in love with custom cake toppers like these

(source)

(source)

See what I mean?!  They are so freaking adorable!  After many days of searching it became obvious that this wasn't a dream I was meant to have.  The price tags are way too steep.  The cheapest I could find started at $125.  YIKES!  Not exactly budget friendly. 

After more searching I found this

(source)

How perfect would this cake topper be for Steve and I?!  Love it!!!

Weeks later Steve sends me a message saying his dear friend Jenn wanted to know what she ccould do to help with the wedding.  Knowing Jenn is incredibly talented and crafty, he asked if she's up for the challenge of making our cake topper. And guess what?!  She agreed!  Bust my buttons I was BESIDE myself with excitement!!!!  Like stupid giddy with excitement!  Just the idea that my dream of one of these super cute toppers might actually be sitting on our wedding cake  was enough to make me well up with tears!!!  I was sooooooooooooo freaking excited! 

Jumping before she could change her  mind, we sent her photos of what we were thinking.  Version 1 she was on to something.  With more input and more photos I knew we were on the right track. 

Late Monday afternoon I got an email with this in it and I almost started crying!

(personal photo)

She did it!!!!!  OH MY GOODNESS!!!!  She did it!!!!  I've been gawking at these little guys for almost a week now and every time I see them I get all sorts of giddy!  They have a few final touches yet but even without them they are sooooooooooo stikin' cute!  I can't wait to see them in person next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment