Friday, July 30, 2010

Self Inflicted Bridal Bootcamp...feel the burn!

In the words of the great Jillian Michaels "pain is weakness leaving the body" (something to that effect anyway).

The week after we purchased my dream dress I decided it was time to do something about my weight and overall out of shape-ness.  I did some research, emailed a trainer at the local YMCA and was hooked!  Beth (my trainer) was so kind in her emails I quickly made an appointment with her to see what she could do with my flabbiness.  During the first session I knew i hit the jackpot.  In person Beth is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  She is so nice, friendly and so helpful!  My previous experience with trainers have not been so nice.  They usually were kind of aloof, looking around the gym not paying much attention to what I'm doing, offered very little encouragement nor did they inspire me to push myself.  Beth did all this in ONE session.  As soon as I finished with her that day I knew 2 things....1) I was going to hurt like hell the the next day (and that was her "easy" session) and 2) I had to do more.

3 weeks later what I now call my self inflicted bootcamp (SIBB) has turned into 1 day with Beth, 2 days of core/spin workouts, 1 day lifting on my own and walking 6 days a week.  While trying to get into the groove of things and into a routine I've discovered somethings about myself:
  • I'm stronger than I think I am
  • I actually like the feeling of working my body till there is nothing left to give
  • I'm gonna look hot on my wedding day!  hahahaha
The last component of SIBB is the food part.  I've been an off and on again Weight Watchers member for 5 years or so.  The last couple of years I've been more off than on.  The last year in particular I've gotten more away from it and tried to go the counting calorie method the last 3 months or so.  Unfortunately for me I find counting calories way too complicated.  There is something about the simplicity of WW that I enjoy.  Counting to 22 is WAY easier than 1200 and then trying to figure out how many calories I add back in for my workouts, etc.  So back to WW I went.  In my first week I was down 2 lbs.  We'll find out this Sunday how I've done in my second week.  This week I've been all sorts of out of whack due to vacation Bible school.  The scales at home are showing me down but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet.

What are you doing in order to be the best version of you for your wedding day?

No comments:

Post a Comment